Police Jury faces short agenda for September meet
The Acadia Parish Police Jury will meet in regular session beginning at 5:30 p.m. today
Following the routine opening items, the jury will sit as a board of review for assessments. Jurors will hear protests from Perdido Energy Louisiana, LLC, regarding ad valorem tax liabilities.
Also on the agenda for the regular monthly meeting, jurors will consider:
• a resolution authorizing the calling of an election in the Iota-Long Point Gravity Drainage District for the renewal of a 5-mill property tax;
• a resolution to accept the final inspection on the Runway 4 upgrade and LED lighting at LeGros Memorial Airport;
• authorizing the plans and specifications for final cap construction at the Acadia Parish Landfill;
• approval of items as surplus;
• adding a reconnection fee to the rental units in the parish when applying for electrical connections (per Legislative Committee);
• possible changes to the parish animal control ordinance (per Legislative Committee);
• rescinding the resolution to add Deer Park Road Bridge to the Federal Off-System Bridge Replacement list and approve a resolution to add Nation Road to the list as a replacement.