Area pair charged after stolen property recovered at residence
Working with neighboring law enforcement agencies, the Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office has charged a couple in Acadia Parish with multiple charges.
According to Sheriff K.P. Gibson, authorities with the Lafayette Sheriff’s Office and the University of Lafayette Police Department obtained information regarding stolen property being located on Tanner Road in eastern Acadia Parish.
Once on scene, a stolen vehicle from Lafayette was observed on the property.
Armed with a search warrant, law enforcement officials recovered multiple stolen items and arrested two suspects.
“The investigation by Lafayette officials led them to the residence. All items recovered have been identified to the respective victims,” said Gibson.
• 2001 Chevrolet truck (Lafayette SO)
• 2014 Yamaha Motorcycle (Lafayette SO)
• 2017 Yamaha Dirt bike (Vermilion SO)
• A racing bicycle (Lafayette PD)
Also 11 firearms were located during the search. With both suspects being convicted felons, all firearms were confiscated, Gibson explained.
The suspects are identified as Christopher Byerley, 38, of Broussard, and April Viguerie, 37, of Erath.
Both suspects were booked into the Acadia Parish Jail for:
• four counts of possession of stolen property;
• 11 counts of possession of firearms by convicted felons;
• one count of possession of a unregistered firearm.
Bond has been set at $60,000.