Ride Acadiana launch nearing; bus stops listed
The much-anticipated list of bus stops and fares has been announced for Ride Acadiana, the pilot commuter bus route connecting Acadia Parish to Lafayette, which begins Aug. 20.
A total of 20 stops make up the route, with eight stops in Crowley, three in Rayne, one each in Duson and Scott, and seven in Lafayette.
Riders can get on or off buses at any stop.
The Lafayette stops include the campuses of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and South Louisiana Community College, as well as Lafayette General Medical Center and University Hospitals & Clinics.
These stops were strategically chosen to align with the pilot route’s goal of providing greater access to employment and education opportunities, and healthcare resources.
Convenient park-and-ride locations near several of the stops have also been established, allowing commuters to park a car and catch the bus into Lafayette.
Bus fares are $5 for a two-ride card, and $20 for a 12-ride card, with discounts for people 65 years and over, and those disabled or on Medicare.
Children 5 and younger ride free.
Fares may be paid on-board the bus with exact change, or passes may be purchased in advance at each of the city halls in Crowley, Rayne, Duson and Scott, and at Lafayette’s Rosa Parks Transportation Center.
The schedule has morning run times from 5:30 a.m. until noon, and afternoon/evening run times from 1 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Real-time tracking of the buses will be made available through an app that can be downloaded onto mobile devices in the coming days.
For complete details, visit RideAcadiana.com.
Crowley stops will include:
• Odd Fellows Road at Tower Road, near Walmart;
• Odd Fellows Road at Cherokee Drive, at Stine Home and Yard (Park & Ride);
• North Parkerson at Northern Avenue;
• North Parkerson at East Sixth Street;
• North Parkerson at First Street, Enterprise Center (Park & Ride);
• South Eastern Avenue (La. 13) at East Elm Street, Lagrange Grocery (Park & Ride);
• North Parkerson at East First Street, Bus Depot; and
• East Northern Avenue at U.S. 90, Acadia General Hospital.
Rayne stops will be:
• Fourth Street at West Anding Street, Southside Community Center (Park & Ride);
• American Legion Drive at Second Street, American Legion (street parking here is designated as Park & Ride); and
• East Texas Avenue (U.S. 90) at North Arenas Street, Post Office.
In Duson, the buses will stop at Toby Mouton Road at North A Street (Town Hall). This is a designated Park & Ride location.
One stop also is scheduled in Scott, at Scott Market at 917 Cayret St., a designated Park & Ride location.
Lafayette stops will include:
• Luke Street at Devalcourt Street, SLCC parking lot B;
• Bertrand Street at Congress Street, University Hospital & Clinics;
• Johnston Street at College Road; near Walgreens and Albertsons (this is a transfer stop, meaning riders can transfer into the Lafayette Transit System for access to other routes in the city);
• East St. Mary Boulevard at Hebrard Boulevard, UL Dupre Library;
• Coolidge Boulevard at Hospital Drive, Lafayette General Medical Center; and
• Rosa Parks Transportation Center (this is another transfer stop where riders can transfer into the Lafayette Transit System for access to other routes in the city).